Thursday 14 February 2008

Valentine Gift

A very long time ago, well, about 11 years ago, February 14th 1997, I received a red paper cut in a heart shape from someone very dear to me. It was my valentine gift – I loved it.
Sitting down in my office, for some reason I remembered that heart and I still love it. My friend took time to cut out a paper in the shape of a heart signifying an undying love for me and he meant it and even after so many years I remember and it has been my best valentine gift so far…. I can also bet you that if he could, he would have given me his heart…….okay, enough of this love graphic stuff….

What am I getting at? Imagine how the love of God is…. He gave us Jesus Christ, HIS only son – a big sacrifice – If we receive this gift from God, that is Jesus (love), we’ll forever remember this and we’ll be blessed.

If I can still remember that paper heart gift even after 10 years and could still smile, knowing fully well my friend gave me the gift genuinely, how much more the love of God through Jesus Christ.
It is indescribable and it cannot be fathomed.
It is real yet irreplaceable.

Give God a chance and things will work out and guess what?
Our little secret…..just the way I smiled when I remembered the gift, and especially “the person”, which made me feel good, you will also smile and feel great about God’s love whatever the situation or circumstance, forever….

Give God a chance, love is real…..when you accept love, you can also give love and this world will be a better place.

This is from me to someone there that needs love x.

(Written by Modupé Mabel Ade-Onojobi Daniel © All rights reserved.)

No comments: