Thursday 31 January 2008

Saved By Love

It’s 12:00pm and there’s a storm brewing, the rain’s come in and it’s very windy. I hear the rain drops on my window pane. I walk over to see what’s happening outside, and I see a bird’s nest with five chicks in it. They must have hatched a few days ago.

Poor little things, they’re out there in the storm. I’m sure their mum’s gone to get them some food but couldn’t make it back before the storm. I’ll check on them later.

It’s 2:00pm and the storm has worsened, I must check on those little chicks. Oh my! The wind has blown the nest off the branch unto a twig and any moment now that nest will fall 200ft to the ground. That will not be pretty, they can’t fly. I must save them.

So I lean out the window, stretching my right hand as far as possible, I can’t reach, they’re too far from my window. I need something, something long with which I can reach the nest and bring it safely to my window seal. I look round my apartment frantically, I desperately need to find a stick of some sort, knowing fully well that time is running out and any moment now, a strong wind will blow the nest away.

Suddenly I find a fishing net with the right handle length. Great! I can lift the nest off the twig and bring it safely into my apartment. With so much excitement I run to my window, and to my horror, a strong wind had just blown the nest off and it was just falling off the twig just past my window so I quickly stretched out the fishing net, lowering it just in time to catch the falling nest of five chicks.

Boy! Was I glad. I was so happy that after I placed the nest safely on my window seal, I danced round my apartment, shouting for joy. What a save!

Then a thought suddenly crossed my mind. Is this how God rejoices when He saves his children from the clutches of death? Wow! He gets to us just in time, never too late even though we worry that He might not reach us in time or that He is not aware we are in trouble.

We, the saints, are tools in His mighty hands. Just as I was looking for the perfect tool for the job, we Christians are tools in the master’s house. We need to have the right unique spiritual and physical characteristics, so that God can use us to save others (Christians and non-Christians alike) from the clutches of death.

What can separate us from the love the Father has for us?

Not a storm, not great heights, not strong winds, not even a deadly fall. The truth is nothing can separate us from the love of God. We can depend solely on his love to save us every time
.


(Written by Yewande Erinle, 2008 © All rights reserved.)

No comments: